Fascinating Facts About Chatbots:
The infographic below states that 8 things you didn’t know about chatbots.
- Half of consumers want interaction via chat
- A positive perception of chatbots
- Chatbots: Here to stay
- Our relationships with chatbots
- The blurred human/botlines
- People want chatbots to solve their problems
- Personality vs. ease of use
- People will buy through chatbots on Facebook
8 Things You Didn’t Know About Chatbots FAQ
What is a chatbot?
A chatbot is a computer program used to stimulate conversations with people thru the use of theInternet.
What are the advantages of using chatbots?
Chatbots greatly help especially if you have a business. Here are its advantages:
- It is available 24/7
- It is good in handling customers
- It helps in saving money
- It helps provide 100% satisfaction to customers
- It can be used for automation of repetitive work
- It is an excellent personal assistant
What are the disadvantages of using chatbots?
If there are advantages, there are also disadvantages when using chatbots:
- It is starting to become more adept at imitating people’s conversations
- They are too mechanical
- They are mostly targeted by professional hackers
- Might cause buying confusion
- They can become a treat to human workers
- Problems with personalization might arise
- They do not pass the Turing test
- They may lack accuracy, accountability,andtrustability
When did chatbots begin to operate?
The first chatbot was created by Michael Mauldin in 1994 and he named it Julia.
Why do consumers want to interact thru chat?
Here are the top 5 reasons why consumers prefer to interact thru chat:
- It is convenient
- It cuts down expenses
- It increases sales
- It gives an edge in competition
- It taps customer’s pain points
What is the most used chatbot thatcaters the needs of customer these days?
Chatbots in social media like Facebook is the most used chatbot to date.
How many percents of consumers view chatbots positively?
Globally, 38% of consumers see the advantages of chatbots above its disadvantages.
How many percents of consumers view chatbots negatively?
On the other hand, 11% of consumers have a negative perception on chatbots.
Why do people think that chatbots will still be available in the coming years?
Due to its advantages, chatbots are thought to last for many years. Chatbots are viewed as anadviser, acquaintance, teacher, friend, stranger, manager, confidante and coworker by most consumers.
How do people build arelationship through chatbots?
People view chatbots as digital assistants that help them in their day to day needs.
Why do businesses use chatbots?
Businesses use chatbots because of these reasons:
- Ease of order processing
- Ease of customer support
- Efficient data-driven marketing
- No apps are needed
How many percents of people think they had no problem if chatbots help solve their problems?
40% of people don’t really care whether chatbots are helping them.
Why do people want chatbots to solve problems?
Most people chose to talk to chatbots because they are available 24/7 and they guarantee customer satisfaction.
How do chatbots solve people’s problems?
Chatbots are programmed to assist the needs of people. Some human workers even consider them a treat to their jobs as they can effectively compete with a human.
Why do people like to buy items on Facebook?
Nowadays, Facebook is not just used to communicate with people from different parts of the world, it is also used as an online store where you can buy different items. Buying items on Facebook offer advantages to both customers and sellers.