Issues with the Website Widget
- Make sure the code is in the right spot. We recommend putting it in the site's footer above the body tagline.
- Make sure your domain is whitelisted. You can check this within your Facebook page settings. Go to Settings > Messenger Platform > Whitelisted Domains. The site URL must be whitelisted exactly as it appears from within the site homepage.
- Make sure your site is secure. If your site URL does not begin with "https", then it may not be considered secure by Facebook, and the widget may not appear.
- Make sure your site has no adult content. Facebook does not allow their brand on websites with certain adult themes.
- Make sure your Facebook business page is published. If the page is not published, the widget will not appear.
- Make sure you have no other chat widgets on your website.
- Check for errors in your code, like conflicting CSS. If you aren't sure how to do this, you will need a web developer.
If you have tried these solutions and it is still not appearing, try a different method!
- Through your website's footer: Click here!
- Through Google Tag Manager (Quick and easy!): Click here!
- Have your developer take a look. These things can be tricky! Sometimes it's best to have a professional handle it.