Customer Chat Widget: Greeting Behavior
The Greeting Behavior setting allows you to specify whether or not to show a greeting in your customer chat widget.
A greeting is a chat bubble that pops up next to the chat widget loads to call attention the chat icon. Below is an example of a Facebook greeting
Available options for the Greeting Behavior includes:
- Always show greeting
- Greeting will always be shown
- Always hide greeting
- Greeting will always be hidden (so only the chat icon will be visible)
- Show greeting on initial page load, then hide
- Greeting will always be shown when the page loads, but then goes away after about 10 seconds
- Hide greeting & automatically open chat window (Webchat only)
- This is a webchat only option. Your webchat greeting will be hidden, and the full chat window will open automatically.
- Your Facebook greeting, however, will be shown by default when this option is selected