Instagram is kind of a big deal right now. That’s why I’ve dedicated quite a few posts here on Inc. this year to discussing why your brand needs to be on Instagram and how you can make the most of it.
In addition, Instagram can help drive business and generate income for your company – even if you’re a small business.
But there’s more to Instagram than just beautiful and memorable images. You also need a strategy to help grow your Instagram followers.
Before you know it, you’ll become an Instagram power user!
If for some reason you still aren’t convinced, just look at these 25 amazing Instagram statistics that you need to know:
2. Instagram’s user base has grown by more than 300 percent over the past couple of years.
3. Instagram usage by adults has grown by 2x since 2012.
4. Instagram is growing 5x faster than overall social network usage in the U.S.
5. It’s estimated that Instagram will add another 26.9 million users by 2020.
6. 28 percent of adult Internet users are on Instagram.
7. Instagram is the second-most used social network among teenagers (ages 13-17).
8. 55 percent of young adults (ages 18-29) use Instagram.
9. More than 75 percent of Instagram users live outside of the U.S.
10. 59 percent of Instagram users log in every day, while 35 percent log in multiple times per day.
11. A third of all mobile phone users visit Instagram at least once a month.
12. 13.2 percent of Instagram posts are videos.
13. The top 100 brands have seen engagement on Instagram grow by 53 percent year-over-year.
14. The average engagement rate on Instagram is 4.3 percent.
15. Adding a location tag to your Instagram post can increase engagement by 79 percent.
16. The top brands use, on average, 2.5 hashtags per Instagram post.
17. It usually takes 19 hours for Instagram posts from brands to attract half of their total engagement.
18. Instagram posts with 11+ hashtags get about 80 percent interaction per 1,000 followers.
19. Instagram images with faces get 38 percent more likes.
20. There is no correlation between caption length and engagement rate.
21. Brands post, on average, 4.9 times per week.
22. Instagram users share more than 80 million photos every day.
23. The best days to post on Instagram are Mondays and Thursdays – just avoid 3 to 4 p.m.
24. 36 percent of B2C brands consider Instagram to be “very important” or “critical” to their social media marketing.
25. 13 percent of B2B brands rank Instagram as “very important” or “critical” to their social media marketing.
Be a Unicorn in a Sea of Donkeys
Get my very best Unicorn marketing & entrepreneurship growth hacks:
- Sign up to have them sent to your email directly
- Sign up for occasional Facebook Messenger Marketing news & tips via Facebook Messenger.
Originally posted in: Inc.com