Whether you have a Facebook account or not, you want to access Facebook Messenger to reach the 1.3 billion active monthly users, don’t you?
If you are a business owner or involved in any sort of sales, Facebook Messenger is a massive online sales channel to directly reach and engage with any target audience.
That all sounds great, but what if you don’t have or want a Facebook Business Page?
There are a lot of reasons to want to access Facebook Messenger via alternative routes.
There are also a lot of different ways to access Facebook Messenger.
Some people prefer using the Facebook Messenger desktop app to chat. In contrast, others want nothing to do with Facebook and choose to use Messenger solo on their phone (yes, there is a way to access the Facebook Messenger app without a personal account, keep reading).
In this article, we will cover how to access Facebook Messenger in the following ways:
- How to sign up for Messenger
- How to open Facebook Messenger app
- Access and use Facebook Messenger desktop app
- Instagram cross-platform messaging with Messenger
- How to install Messenger without Facebook
- Convert conversations into customers with or without Facebook
How To Sign Up For Messenger
If you are not already among the billions of people who have a Facebook account or Messenger account (Facebook Messenger statistics are insane!), first:
- Go to Facebook.com on your desktop or download the app to your phone.
- Choose “Create New Account” and fill out the required fields.
- You will have to give a working phone number.
Pro Tip: If you don’t want to give your phone #, you can get a working phone number from Google Voice.
- Click “Sign Up.”
- If you want a full-blown Facebook account, you can add friends and a profile picture when prompted.
- If this is just a hoop-jumping step on your way to Facebook Messenger, simply skip the subsequent prompts.
- Finally, you will have to confirm your phone number with an access code.
How To Access Facebook Messenger From Facebook App Or Website
The first place to access Facebook Messenger will appear when your Facebook app dashboard opens up.
Tap on the lightning bolt Messenger icon, and you will be prompted to download the Facebook Messenger app onto your phone.
The same icon will appear in the upper right corner of your Facebook account page on your desktop via Facebook.com.
How To Access Facebook Messenger From Messenger Desktop Or Messenger App
After you have established your Facebook account, you can access Facebook Messenger on your desktop from your Facebook page.
You can also access Facebook Messenger at Messenger.com.
Just enter your Facebook login credentials, and you can access Facebook Messenger in all its useful glory minus your Facebook feed and Facebook page.
You can also download the Messenger desktop app for both an iOS or Microsoft desktop.
From the Facebook Messenger desktop app, you can send text messages, video chat, send and receive photos and videos, and make unlimited calls.
Plus, dark mode (easier on the eyes) and built-in stickers, emojis, and GIF keyboards make the Facebook desktop app endlessly entertaining for expansive and engaging communication.
How To Install Messenger Without Facebook
There was once a time when you could simply install Messenger without Facebook by logging into Messenger with only a phone number. That ended in December 2019.
Today, in 2021, the only way to do this is if you currently have a Facebook account OR had an account once upon a time, with a caveat*. It doesn’t matter if you deactivated or deleted your account. This will still work.
Here’s what you do:
- Download the Facebook Messenger app for either iOS or Android.
- Log in with your old credentials. *Here’s the kicker, all of your old contacts/friends will now be able to message you.
Now you can utilize Facebook Messenger as a standalone app without your Facebook profile deactivation, go straight to the Facebook Messenger app on your phone or the Facebook Messenger desktop app on your computer or tablet to access Messenger as a standalone service!
How To Access Facebook Messenger From Instagram
On September 29, 2020, Facebook announced that it would integrate Messenger into its Instagram platform ???? , so now you can log into Facebook Messenger straight from the Instagram app!
If you do not already have an Instagram account, follow the prompts to create an account.
If you have a Facebook account already, you will consent to continue with your Facebook account information.
Suppose you access the Instagram website from your computer.
- Type “Messenger” into the search bar at the top.
- Click the ‘Follow’ button next to the Messenger icon on the next page.
- Finally, click ‘Message.’
This will open and allow you to access Facebook Messenger on Instagram.
To access Facebook Messenger from the Instagram app on your phone or tablet.
Open the Instagram app and tap the DM icon at the top right of the screen.
You will be prompted to update to Messenger.
Tap Update and then Continue, and you’re good to go!
If you ignored the update option at some point in the past, simply do the following:
- Tap your profile picture in the bottom right corner.
- Next, tap the stack of three lines in the top right (Menu).????
- Tap ‘Settings.’
- Then, tap ‘Update Messaging’ and ‘Update.’
- Message away!
Now that you know how to access Facebook Messenger from the Instagram app, we’re pleased to enlighten you that MobileMonkey OmniChat® chatbot now works across Instagram and Facebook Messenger! (And SMS, website, and more!)
What Can You Do With A Messenger Chatbot On Facebook And Instagram?
You can also access Facebook Messenger for business. As one of the first chatbot software providers to release fully functional tools for Instagram, we’ve developed the best Messenger chatbot for Instagram marketing, sales, and customer support.
But, before we get all mushy about customer support, let’s talk about the fact that Facebook has announced Messenger API support for Instagram!
You’ll now be able to seamlessly utilize the best Facebook Ads strategy, Click-to-Messenger Ads, with MobileMonkey on Instagram and Facebook Messenger Ads.
With OmniChat®, you will finally stop jumping from platform to platform, trying to answer all of your followers’ questions. Not to mention following up with the best Facebook retargeting strategy.
With all of this newfound time on your hands, you’ll be freed up to give better service… NOT! This will be automated too! Automate everything!
There are likely more super-secret Facebook ninja ways to access Facebook Messenger, but we aren’t getting into hacking anything here — just using the available tools (and maybe a few loopholes here and there, but we promise not to break any Facebook Messenger rules).
This article covered all of the different ways to access Facebook Messenger from the Facebook app, the Facebook desktop app, Facebook.com, Messenger.com, Instagram.com, and the Instagram app.
It’s time for you to get busy achieving unicorn status!
Get started using a free MobileMonkey chatbot to automatically communicate with the users who visit your business pages on both Facebook and Instagram.
Then, dive into our resources below to take it to the next level and crush KPI and sales goals.
Important Next Steps
- Create your first chatbot today after you sign-up for MobileMonkey.
- Talk and learn about chatbots with other enthusiasts. Join MobileMonkey Island, our Facebook group of 40K marketers and entrepreneurs who are ready to support you.
- Advance your marketing performance with Chatbot University, a free chatbot tutorial and training area for chat marketers.