There are two basic HTML elements designed to bring your bot more traffic from outside sources. These elements are as follows:
- Send to Messenger Plugin: This element gives you code to create a button on your site, or wherever you choose to install it, that sends people who click it to a specified Dialogue in your bot. To learn about installing the send to messenger plugin, click this monkey: 🐒
- Checkbox Plugin: The checkbox plugin allows you to insert code into a website signup form that creates a checkbox. If someone checks the box when signing up, they are opted into your company messages. To learn about installing checkbox plugins, click this unicorn: 🦄
- NOTE: As of February 2018, the check in the checkbox plugin is no longer automatically checked off, due to Facebook guidelines. This dramatically affects the effectiveness of this tool. If you'd still like to use it, click the unicorn above.
These elements are a very valuable tool for lead generation, so be sure to try them out!
Installation Guide for Checkbox Plugin:
- Copy provided <script>
- Paste the script to page source code, typically used in <form> element
- Find <div> of element that will be used as submit, typically <button> element
- Paste attribute to button element onclick="confirmOptIn()"
- Add domain to the whitelist
Example of sumbit button:
<button type="submit" name="add" id="AddToCart" class="btn AddToCart btn-success AddToCart_hide_button" onclick="confirmOptIn()"><span id="AddToCartText">BUY NOW</span>